Connecting a site to AAArdvark with our WordPress plugin lets you see the latest scan details and download reports without leaving the WordPress dashboard.
This is especially useful for agencies and freelancers that want to surface reports for clients but do not want to set them up with an account on AAArdvark.
Setting up the WordPress plugin will also allow you to carry out manual audits using Visual Mode. This is a crucial step to make sure that AAArdvark can pull up your live pages and allow you to interact with them within our interface.
You’re also welcome to use our official AAArdvark Chrome Extension to create a similar site connection.
Setting Up the AAArdvark WordPress Plugin
First, you’ll need to generate an API key from AAArdvark for the site you’re setting up.
- From the Site Dashboard, click Integrations and then Add Integration.
- Click Add CMS Plugin.
- On the next screen, choose WordPress as the CMS Type and click Add.
- Your API Key will be displayed in a modal window.
Take note and store your API key, as you will not be able to view it again!
- After enabling the plugin, you will see a new menu item called Accessibility in your WordPress Dashboard. Visit the Settings submenu.
- Paste the API key you just generated into the appropriate field.
- Select the user roles that should have access to accessibility reports.
- Click Save Settings.
- If you get an error, double-check your API key and try again.
And, of course, please contact our support team if you have any issues creating the connection!
Click the Accessibility menu item to view or download AAArdvark accessibility reports and see configured pages.
File a support ticket with our five-star support team to get more help.